Mob-Art is a project providing children of Beqaa, Lebanese and Syrian with tools of resilience to overcome their traumas through arts. The project also provides the children with after-school tutoring classes, Psychosocial support sessions & many other activities that include: sports practice, handicraft workshops, & much more.
Thousands of displaced and minimum income families are currently residing in the Beqaa valley in Lebanon. Due to the political climate, regional conflicts, and deteriorating economy, the said community is left with a generation of young boys and girls who are struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms affecting their daily lives. The LOYAC Mob Art projects provide humanitarian aid to the mothers and development opportunities for the children.
Achievements to date:
- 150 winter sheets were offered to refugee families in Faour area
- More than 30 volunteers have visited the children of Mob-Art
- More than 240 sessions were delivered to the children
- More than 140 boots and winter shoes were distributed
- 2 unique cases were referred to psychosocial support experts so far
- 40 paintings, 50 colored bottles & 40 colored masks created
- 12 songs learned and performed
- 2 piano pieces taught
- 4 Dances taught and performed (3 Hip-hop, 1 Zumba)
- 1000 smiley stickers distributed!
We plan to:
- Build a mobile library
- Build a mobile sewing workshop
- Build a multi-sport facility