WISE@Doha: Early Childhood Education
WISE Doha early childhood education
Location: Hamad bin Khalifa University, Doha
In collaboration with Cambridge University and local partners, WISE explores recent developments in Early Childhood Education, considers core principles for provision, pedagogy, and curriculum, as well as addresses challenges and opportunities. This event is an opportunity for invited participants to reflect on the priorities of this crucial field. It takes place in follow-up to last year’s WISE Research series publication entitled ‘Quality in Early Childhood Education: an International Review and Guide for Policy Makers.’
Prof. David Whitebread, of Cambridge University, the lead author of the report and a distinguished authority in ECE, will address the gathering and lead a panel discussion, followed by a “World Café” style workshop designed to engage the participation of attendees. Local partners of WISE include Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Qatar Foundation, Qatar Academy and Qatar University Early Childhood Center.
Other expected speakers include:
- Dr Asmaa Al-Fadala, Director of Research, World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
- Mr. Stavros N. Yiannouka, Chief Executive Officer, World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE), Qatar Foundation, Qatar
- Ms Aisha Al-Khelaifi, Director of Early Years Education Department, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Qatar
- Dr Chris Diane Coughlin, Associate Professor, Child Development and Early Childhood Education, Qatar University, Qatar
- Mr Ghulam Bhatti, Primary School Assistant Principal, Qatar Academy Sidra, Qatar
The discussions are intended to raise awareness of the key role that quality ECE plays in our children’s success, both in their later education, and in their working lives –and as happy, thriving individuals. WISE is committed to promoting and to supporting ECE among educators and policymakers with the ultimate goal of building a more cohesive and secure society.